Another attack to fight off

Scott B. Anderson sbanderson at impromed.com
Fri Feb 29 15:05:34 GMT 2008

Check /usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/proto.m4  You will find the same line you found in your sendmail.cf, except this is the source file - if you upgrade sendmail you'll need to hack this again every time too. Probably easiest just to temporarily hack the sendmail.cf.

Again, doing this violates at least RFC 1123, which requires that all senders use <> around the address and that the blank <> address be valid.
Scott