Another attack to fight off

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Thu Feb 28 22:03:55 GMT 2008

Vlad Mazek wrote:
> It's escalating too :( which is why I'm trying to do the split queue
> thing but MailScanner has a big bold FIXME where it parses for incoming
> directories..
>
> On 2/28/08, *Daniel Straka* <dstraka at caspercollege.edu
> <mailto:dstraka at caspercollege.edu>> wrote:
>
>     I'm seeing Vlad's problem too, only 100% (2x) more than last week,
>     it's unnerving...

Just out of curiosity I checked one server and grabbed these stats.
Nothing more scientific than a grep of the mail logs for " from=<> "

Todays total so far, followed by the last eight days.
19,485
18,818
28,619
5,461
1,658
994
1,140
1,097
810
1,546

yea, I would say it is a problem now.

DAve

--
Google finally, after 7 years, provided a logo for
veterans. Thank you Google. What to do with my signature now?