Email Statistics

Anthony Cartmell ajcartmell at fonant.com
Thu Feb 28 18:01:06 GMT 2008

> With 2,000 educational users, I see only about 70% spam.
> So it does vary quite a lot.

I'd have thought that spam-amount-per-user is very roughly constant, once
the addresses are on all the big spammers' lists. So isn't the ratio much
more affected by the volume of non-spam mail each user gets?  For example,
someone with no mailing list subscriptions will get a much higher % spam
than someone who subscribes to lots, if they both get the same number of
spam messages.

Number of spams per day per user might be more interesting to compare
between domains/installations, thus removing the number of non-spam
messages from the comparison?

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites