http proxy:suggestion

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Wed Feb 27 13:15:53 GMT 2008

[...]
 > I'm with you all the way Rick, no argument. My sh -c ... thingie
 > pertains to use in a crontab, to be just that ... upgrade friendly;-)
 > If the cron version you use don't support setting environment, then
 > call a shell explicitly that does... oldest "trick" (and very
 > basic/simple) in the book:-).
 > So there really is no argument from me.
 > I to have a vague recollection (and am too lazy to look through the
 > thread:-) of someone mentioning debian.... well, if James does the
 > repo thing to ... freshen... things in that department, he can do the
 > similar thing for that packaging that Jules would do for the
 > sysconfig
 > thing (and J-P for the FBSD port ... :-)... And Peter for the
 > blastwave ...:D

I was under the impression that MS wrote the cron entries, but I guess that
would work anyway if he just added the prepend. I guess the whole question
just doesn't seem to me a MailScanner item. If MS cannot access the web what
other issues are likely to occur with other software now/down the road. This
issue just seem to be a SysOp (does any one use that term any more?) issue
not a MS issue.

Rick

believed to be clean.