http proxy:suggestion

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:06:45 GMT 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 11:23 PM, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I to have a vague recollection (and am too lazy to look through the
>  thread:-) of someone mentioning debian.... well, if James does the
>  repo thing to ... freshen... things in that department, he can do the
>  similar thing for that packaging that Jules would do for the sysconfig
>  thing (and J-P for the FBSD port ... :-)... And Peter for the
>  blastwave ...:D

I'm not sure if I get what you're after here (and I'm also too lazy to
check the thread :-) but what I meant in my post was that if more work
was to be put into the scripts they should be as generic as possible,
not geared even more towards one or a few Linux distributions.

Of course I can make changes in the Blastwave edition for Solaris but
I will have to make them for every release. I already do quite a lot
of modifications to make for a smooth experience on Solaris and Julian
has already done some changes to help out. I just thought the original
suggestion from David was going in the wrong direction when it comes
to making it easy to support multiple platforms.

I guess it comes down to me thinking of the tar distribution of
MailScanner as the "core" one but many users are on RH-derived systems
and they think of the RPM-dist as the main one. :-)

--
/peter