Any ideas on limiting the total number of SMTP messages processed per day?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Thu Feb 21 13:40:39 GMT 2008

Jim,

I would suggest the IPBlock feature of Mailscanner, contained within
CustomConfig.pm.

I have the following in my MailScanner.conf file:

Always Looked Up Last = &IPBlock

Which calls the IPBlock code and allows me to limit smtp msgs per
IP netblock.  It is one of the cooler and less known features of
MailScanner.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College