possible corrupt sanesecurity defs

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 19:14:13 GMT 2008

> Julian,
>
> Using Sendmail. We DO quarantine viruses. They are NOT quarantined as
> raw queue files. So, for example, we have a file called "message" in a
> dir called /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20080220/m1KHWhuB006243.
In which case something like this should do the trick more or less:

bash
cd /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20080220
for F in *
do
  /usr/sbin/sendmail -t < $F
  echo $F
done

That should deliver the message to where the mail said it was addressed
to in the headers, not the original envelope, but it's probably close
enough.

I have just had a good look at a sample of messages caught by this
signature, and yes there are a lot of them.
However they all appear to be spam.
So I'm just going to let MailScanner deal with them appropriately, no
need for panic actions here.

Jules

- --
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng