Question for the Experts

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 00:02:20 GMT 2008

On 15/02/2008, Kevin MURPHY <Kevin.Murphy at midland-ics.ie> wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> Thanks for so many replies. It's the first time I have used this list and
> its really great to see how the community helps each other.
> Glen - I have tried that access file REJECT , but it rejects all mail even
> from server
>
> To:domain.com   REJECT  [IP Address of Server B]        RELAY

> ... while talking to serverA:
> <<< 553 5.3.0 <administrator at domain.com>... REJECT[IPADDRESS SERVER B]RELAY
> 550 5.1.1 <administrator at domain.com>... User unknown
> <<< 503 5.0.0 Need RCPT (recipient)
>
> Regards
>
> Kevin

Hm, I think you did that wrong somehow...;)

I got a friendly nudge from our old friend Noel (Res... Well, he's my
friend anyway:-), who told me basically:
To:exmaple.net REJECT
[IP.of.server.B] RELAY

---------------------------
All he needs is the first line, his  relaying ip range should already be
in relay-domains file, which takes the local IP range as well as non
forging domain names.

/etc/mail/access has not been the recommended way to relay for local
stuff for some years :)
Which just go to show exactly how rusty my rendmaul... eh, sendmail...
skills are:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn