Mailscanner generated duplicate message

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 15 03:23:42 GMT 2008

Alex Neuman wrote:

>On Feb 8, 2008, at 2:02 PM, Glenn Steen wrote:
>
>> When using Postfix and setting Scan Messages = no (with a rulset, for
>> some....), duplicates are "generated" by several MailScanner children
>> picking up and delivering the same message. It seems to be something
>> to do with timing, since not all generate this behavior, but rather
>> under heavy load (as in situations where some form of mailing list or
>> bulk mailer (presumably a legit newsletter) send large amounts of
>> messages at once).
>
>Could you reproduce the opposite of this behaviour by using "max
>children = 0"?

Sorry for being absent from this thread. I was away and set my
subscription to nomail, and hadn't bothered to look at the archives.
My bad.

Anyway, In my case, on Jan 3, I set "Max Children = 2". It had been 5.
I so no more dups until one on Jan 19. I then set "Max Children = 1"
and have seen no further dups.

I expect that I would never see any dups of this kind when "Max
Children = 1", since dups apparently only occurred when two separate
children picked up the same entry.