Question for the Experts

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 20:19:03 GMT 2008

On 14/02/2008, Richard Frovarp <richard.frovarp at sendit.nodak.edu> wrote:
> Mike Kercher wrote:
>  >

I agree in principle... but Kevin might have... topologocal
considerations.... we're not aware of:-).

Since I'm no guru on the access file of Sendmail, I did some googling
and found this very friendly (albeit long) article that might be a
help:
http://blue-labs.org/howto/access_hints.php
... If I'm not mistaken, one could have something like
To:exmaple.net REJECT
[IP.of.server.B] RELAY
... in the access file on serverA, and then (since the IP thing should
be more specific(?)) example.net relayed from serverB should get
through.... but nothing else. The big disclaimer here is that what I
remember of Sendmail is ... easily enumerated:-). I know this could be
done with Postfix access though;-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn