Outbound relay on 587

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Tue Feb 12 15:34:08 GMT 2008

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:26:17 -0500
"Devon Harding" <devonharding at gmail.com> wrote:

> I ran a make -C /etc/mail and restarted the PC.  I also change the
> provider to comcast and got a similar message.
>
> What is the format of the /etc/mail/authinfo file?

If you mentioned the OS you are employing, I must have missed it.
Anyway, that would not be the way to rebuild the *.mc files on a
FreeBSD machine. Here, you would enter the /etc/mail directory and run:

	make all install restart

I am not sure how to accomplish that on your OS however. I am probably
wrong; however, I just do not think what you used will work.

Just my 2¢.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation.