Outbound relay on 587

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Feb 11 13:02:37 GMT 2008

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 07:44:40 -0500
"Devon Harding" <devonharding at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Well, from the prompt, I can telnet to Godaddy's SMTP servers on port
> 587, it's just that sendmail doesn't seem to be using that port.  I'm
> wondering what other config do I need to do.

OK, using telnet, access the SMTP server and attempt to send a message.
You will know immediately if it needs authorization or not to complete
the process. You might want to post the output of that telnet session
here also.

BTW, have you recompiled the *.mc files (I think that is what they are
in Sendmail) and then restarted it?

--

Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

A fool must now and then be right by chance.