Switch from f-secure to avira - No "found ..." message in the log

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Mon Feb 11 08:16:12 GMT 2008

Hi,

we will switch from f-secure to avira and I installed the workstation
comandline scanner today. The license is installed, updates work.

After that I changed the Mailscnner.conf to use the new scanner:

	"Virus Scanners = antivir".

I send me the eicar testfile and the attachements got removed, the
sysadmin (me) got the notification and the sender (me) was also informed :-)

But in the mail-log on the server there is no "Found .... " line as it
has been using f-secure:

	"Found F-Secure version 4.65=4.65"

The Question: Is everything good or someting bad?

Thanks for any hint or tip!

Best regards

Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Mathildenstr. 20
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Dr. Christoph Palmer, MdL, Minister a.D.

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt