installation Mailscanner into Centos5

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Thu Feb 7 17:23:36 GMT 2008

On Thursday 07 February 2008 10:53 am, roberto martin castillo ramos wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I am from Lima,Peru and i need your help please, i have installed a mail
> server into Centos5 and i can not install Mailscanner, from
> http://www.mailscanner.info/downloads.html#stable i used several installers
> and i execute the version 4.67.3(./ install.sh) and into /opt i saw the
> folder Mailscanner4.67.3 and i made the configuration to my
> Mailscanner.conf
>
>   But when i execute chkconfig Mailscanner on i see a error messages:
>   Mailscanner is not installed
>
>   Please could you help me, i can not install Mailscanner into Centos 5
>   is there a packages for mailscanner to install into Centos5???
>
>   thanks
>

> ---------------------------------
>
> ¿Con Mascota por primera vez? - Sé un mejor Amigo
> Entra en Yahoo! Respuestas.

Assuming you installed with the RPM version of MailScanner, try "rpm -q
mailscanner" (N.B. not Mailscanner with a capital M.  That will return a "not
installed) to see if your installation was successful.  Then, perhaps try and
start MailScanner with "service MailScanner start" (again, not that M in Mail
and S in Scanner are capitalized).  Finally, I think you'd do
a "checkconfig --level 345 MailScanner on" (once again, watch the
capitalization of MailScanner.

believed to be clean.