Mailscanner segfaults on spamassassin lint test

Drew cotharyus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 23:17:49 GMT 2008

Hello,
I'm trying to set up mailscanner on FreeBSD 6.2, and it segfaults when
running lint on spamassassin. Unfortunately, at this time the best (most
informative) error I have is this, from the lint test through the mailwatch
interface:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8: Undefined symbol
"PL_exit_flags"

I'm posting this here on a recommendation I got from a FreeBSD list. I've
taken the following steps so far:

rebuilt perl and all perl modules.
made double sure all the right steps were taken after the perl upgrade.
rebuilt world

Perl version is 5.8.8

Thanks in advance for any assistance you folks can provide.