internal ip address

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:13:30 GMT 2008

On 06/02/2008, --[ UxBoD ]-- <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:
> why does it matter? most enterprise networks use a private range anyway, and therefore non-routable from the outside.
>
> Regards,

I think the reasoning is that "vital" topoligical info will "leak"...
The value of such info is very limited, as a means for an attack, so
one really has to try balance the "value" gained with the value lost
(in breaking tracability... the thing that make Received lines
sacrosanct).

> ----- alexbo at myself.com wrote:
>
> > Thank you Denis for your reply.
> > I realize what you wrote, but it appears to me that exposing internal
> > ip addresses may lead anyone to know what is my internal network
> > structure:
> > the problem I am talking about is regarding an enterprise network,
> > where various clients are involved in sending mail to the outer
> > world.
> > Is there a way to hide those internal ip addresses ?
> > Regards,
> > Alex

ISTR this being discussed in the past, do a list search, it might turn
up the info you need (Was it Hugo who did this...?)...

Cheers
--
-- Glenn