How to get certain things through

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 12:04:04 GMT 2008

On 05/02/2008, Edward Dekkers <edward at tdcs.com.au> wrote:
> Example of rejected message I'm sending (relevant names/IPs changed)
>
> Our e-mail content detector has just been triggered by a message you sent:
>   To: <my recipient address>
>   Subject: Try again
>   Date: Tue Feb  5 19:22:40 2008
>
> One or more of the attachments (menu_content.js, warrantyresult.asp.htm,
> validate.js, support.js, utilities.js, Westan.zip, fw_menu.js) are on
> the list of unacceptable attachments for this site and will not have
> been delivered.
>
> Consider renaming the files to avoid this constraint.
>
> The virus detector said this about the message:
> Report: Report: MailScanner: JScript Scripts are dangerous in email
> (menu_content.js)
> Report: MailScanner: Attempt to hide real filename extension
> (warrantyresult.asp.htm)
> Report: MailScanner: JScript Scripts are dangerous in email (support.js)
> Report: MailScanner: JScript Scripts are dangerous in email (validate.js)
> Report: MailScanner: JScript Scripts are dangerous in email (utilities.js)
> Report: MailScanner: JScript Scripts are dangerous in email (fw_menu.js)
>

> --
> MailScanner
> Email Virus Scanner
> <my company name>
> <my web address>
>
> For all your IT requirements visit: http://www.transtec.co.uk
>
> I've added my recipient to the spam.whitelist.rules and whitelist.rules:
>
> FromOrTo:       *@<recipient domain>    yes
>
> The message attachment still gets quarantined.
Yes, of course. What would the SPAM whitelist have to do with
Dangerous Content scanning? Nothing, of course:-).
This is a rule in filename.rules.conf that trigger. To "whitelist"
that, look at this wiki page:
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:rulesets:overloading
... To easily create a filename.whitelist.rules.conf, just copy the
existing file and change every deny (in the first column) to accept
... then apply that as described on the page;-)

> Is there any way to say like "listen up MailScanner - whenever I send to the
> following address, just shut the hell up and send it already, don't even
> bother looking at this message"
Yes, with a ruleset on the "Scan Messages" setting ...

> Reason I ask is that this is the second time something like this has
> happened, and when I send stuff OUT of my network, sometimes I need to send
> stuff like this.
>
> I'd already zipped the files too, but MailScanner is obviously too clever
> for that as well.

You can use the Archive Depth thing to control this. Has been covered
in the past. Look in the archives.

> Regards,
> Ed.

Cheers