"Is Definitely Spam" rule not working ?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 08:45:57 GMT 2008

On 05/02/2008, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/02/2008, Pascal Maes <pascal.maes at elec.ucl.ac.be> wrote:
(snip)
> > Then Postfix puts the message in the HOLD queue where MailScanner
> > takes it and puts it back into the Postfix queue.
> >
> > I'm pretty sure that MailScanner should see the 66.63.168.38 IP
> > address otherwise why is the "Is Definitely Not Spam" rule working :
> >
> > Feb  5 09:21:07 smtp-1 MailScanner[14880]: Message E8686E9102.A7655
> > from 127.0.0.1 (users-return-66855-pascal.maes=elec.ucl.ac.be at spamassassin.apache.org
> > ) is whitelisted
> >

> > Regards
> Anything happening to the message _after_ MailScaner doesn't hjave any
> impact on your problem... What happens before though... You have to
> make sure that your SA trust_path is OK, and all should be well. Why
> do you use the ClamSMTP thing at all?
>
> Cheers
Oh, sorry, not an sa issue... Still, yhe last client to handle this is
the clamsmtp thing, which might just be the problem.
Again, why do you use that? Theoretically MailScanner (through the
batching, and using either clamavmodule or clamd) should be more
efficient and less likely to be able to be DoS'd... That
"not-really-part-of-SMTP-flow insulation" is ... golden.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn