Logwatch not including blacklisted emails in mailscanner report section

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Sun Feb 3 00:17:01 GMT 2008

Philip Doran wrote:

> -lint output
>
> Checking version numbers...
> Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.65.3) is correct.
>
> ERROR: The "envelope_sender_header" in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> ERROR: is not correct, it should match X-TAMB-MailScanner-From
>

> Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
> SpamAssassin temp dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
> config: failed to parse line, skipping, in
> "/etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf":
> /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.whitelist.rules
> config: failed to parse line, skipping, in
> "/etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf":
> /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.blacklist.rules
> SpamAssassin reported an error.

Are you sure your white/black lists are really working?  You should fix
the errors noted.  Are you confusing MailScanner's white/black lists
with spamassassin's?  I don't think there should be references to
/etc/MailScanner/rules in mailscanner.cf (which is a link to
spam.assassin.prefs.conf).  They should be in MailScanner.conf.

Does this help?

Mark