Some customized Spam Assassin level not getting picked up

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 09:45:16 GMT 2008

2008/12/30 traced <traced at xpear.de>:
> Dave Shariff Yadallee - System Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem
> schrieb:
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 01:31:09PM +0000, Martin Hepworth wrote:

>>> Dave
>>>
>>> how and where have you set this values?
>>>

>>> Should be done in /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf
>>>
>>> and set thus
>>>
>>> score BAYES_95 0 0 100.0 100.0
>>>
>>> and of course restart MailScanner.
>>>

>> Still Seeing the BAYES_95 and PAYES_99 as statndard and not modified.
>>
>> Frustrating!
>>

>>> --
>>> Martin Hepworth
>>> Oxford, UK
>>> --
>>>
>>> Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting

>>> --
>>> believed to be clean.
>>>

> Hi,
> in my /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf I´ve got for example:
>
> score BAYES_50 3.0
> score BAYES_95 5.0
> score BAYES_99 5.5
>
> and works without a problem.

Your spam.assassin.prefs.conf file is referenced via the symlink
/etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf, so that is as expected. The
problem Dave seem to be having is probably due to multiple settings of
the score value, or the file never being read at all. The latter could
be because of SA settings (wrong paths) in MailScanner.conf or missing
the symlink.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn