Allow Blackberry redirector messages

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Dec 28 17:05:02 GMT 2008

On 28/12/08 16:08, Greg J. McGreevy wrote:
> Sorry to seem ignorant or be a pest just so I am clear on what I need to do. As I would like to leave the current rule in place as it is a good practice. here are the steps I will take.
>
> 1) create new file called content.scanning.rules and place in the path /etc/Mailscanner/rules folder
>
> 2) file should read as below:
>
> File: content.scanning.rules

That line shouldn't be in the file, just the file should be whatever
name you put in for it in MailScanner.conf.
> FromOrTo: default yes

Correct. Despite what other people may say, it doesn't actually matter
where in the file this line appears. But it makes more logical sense to
put it at the end, as all the other lines are processed in the order
first to last.
> From: *.*blackberry*.net no

No,
     From: *@blackberry.net no
and you might want to add this line as well
     From: *@*.blackberry.net no
but you probably don't need that one, unless you have seen mail from
subdomains of blackberry.net.
> 3) edit Mailscanner.conf change the following line that currently states:
>
> Dangerous Content Scanning = yes

> Dangerous Content Scanning = %rules-dir%/content.scanning.rules

Correct.
Then, if MailScanner is already running, do
     service MailScanner reload
or, if it is not running (or if you want to be *really* sure it's picked
up all updates and changes)
     service MailScanner restart
That makes MailScanner immediately take notice of the configuration
change you have made, or else it won't pick it up for a few hours.

> Thanks for you time

No problem.

And to all you other guys here ---- you could have been a little more
verbose, couldn't you? Bit mean not to tell him about the "default" line
he needs in the file. Happy New Year!

Jules.

Jules

--