How do skip HOLD for some messages in postfix header_checks

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 12:43:53 GMT 2008

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:54:21 +0100
Antencek <antencek at volja.net> wrote:

>ram wrote:
>> I use MailScanner + postfix to do Antivirus scan on our servers
>> So I use the header_checks to put messages in Hold for MailScanner to
>> pickup and scan
>>
>> For some from-ids I do not want to put the mails on hold and send
>> without scan. These are high volume system alerts , and no scan is
>> required
>>
>> How do I achieve this ?
>>
>> PS: I know this is more of a postfix query , but on the pf-list
>> He-who-shall-not-be-named would not like a Mailscanner question :-)

>Hello, Ram!
>

>You could use MailScanner functionallity:
>
>FromOrTo: email at address   no
>FromOrTo: default         yes
>

>in scan.messages.rules
>

>which is defined in MailScanner.conf with:
>
>Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules

That does not actually answer the OP's question. He wants to
specifically bypass the "HOLD" function. Having his users use SASL and
authenticate on a different SMTP port, 587 is the usually one to use,
is the method I have found to be most secure and efficient.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Menu, n.: A list of dishes which the restaurant has just run out of.