Adding RBL Checks to MailScanner

Mikael Syska mikael at syska.dk
Mon Dec 15 12:16:08 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 11:06 AM, JC Putter <jcputter at numata.co.za> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want Mailscanner make use of RBL checks, i know of the option in
> MailScanner.conf called "spam list ="
>

> Do i point it to a file listed with the list of rbl url's or how used the
> file be constructed?

Not a file ... the list should be loaded ...

Just add the names from the file to the lists you want to use ....

>From the mailscanner.conf file:
# This is the name of the file that translates the names of the "Spam List"
# values to the real DNS names of the spam blacklists.
Spam List Definitions = %etc-dir%/spam.lists.conf

# This is the list of spam blacklists (RBLs) which you are using.
# See the "Spam List Definitions" file for more information about what
# you can put here.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Spam List = spamhaus-ZEN # SORBS-DNSBL spamcop.net NJABL # You can
un-comment this to enable them