MailScanner Reload error

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Dec 9 13:22:08 GMT 2008

Lists wrote:
> Matt Hayes wrote:
>> Lists wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> When I run service MailScanner reload I get the following:
>>>
>>> Reloading MailScanner workers:
>>>         MailScanner:       kill -10449: No such process
>>> kill 9570: No such process
>>>
>>> Does this indicate an error that I need to sort out?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Kate
>>>

>> It appears that the process ID that the script knew either was already
>> shutdown or crashed of some kind.
>>
>> Hard to say really.
>>
>> Did you do an update or something?
>>
>> -Matt
>>
> Yes I did do an update a week or so ago to MailScanner version 4.72.5
> (I was running version only one version earlier)
>
> Kate

Not sure if this has been resolved or not, but....

I used to get this also. If I recall, the problem was in the init
script. Julian put out a better copy that seemed to fix it, and I
thought he put it in the latest releases.

You might want to check and see if there's an MailScanner.rpmnew in your
init directory if you're using a redhat type system.

Steve Campbell