Mailscanner (or rather clam AV) tagging some messages as "other infection".

Jason Ede J.Ede at birchenallhowden.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 10:36:06 IST 2008

From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info [mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Jan Johansson [j2 at mupp.net]
Sent: 26 August 2008 17:58
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: RE: Mailscanner (or rather clam AV) tagging some messages as "other    infection".

>It should. Shouldn't take too long to test it, especially if you have a quarantined sample.

Well, since i am using Mailwatch, anything released from Qarantine is automatically accepted.
I will just have to ask the customer to "try again".

WHY haven’t I seen this before? *sigh*

Thanks!

Does the customer in question have an Exchange 2007 server? We had some issues with TNEF when first moved to EX2007, but moving to the inbuilt TNEF expander seemed to solve the issue.

Jason