Split Per Recipient - Sendmail Issue

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Aug 25 20:52:21 IST 2008

Jon Bates wrote:

> I’ve followed these instructions to set up the per-recipient split
> from Sendmail:
>
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:sendmail:how_to:split_mails_per_recipient
>
> --
>
> Upon starting MailScanner I get the following error message:
>
> Starting MailScanner daemons:
>
> incoming sendmail: /etc/init.d/MailScanner: line 139:
> -C/etc/mail/sendmail-in.cf: No such file or directory

That would tend to imply to me that it is looking for a file called
-C/etc/mail/sendmail-in.cf
and not
/etc/mail/sendmail-in.cf

It may be something as simple as you missing a space after the "-C".

Put in a "set -x" right near the top of the script, and you'll get to
see the full commands that it is actually executing, which may tell you
a lot about what is actually going on, as opposed to what you think is
going on :-)

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng