Blacklist and delete?

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Fri Aug 22 18:40:19 IST 2008

Chris Barber wrote:

> I am using MailWatch and perhaps this is a MailWatch list question but
> if I use the high scoring spam to delete messages, will MailWatch
> still show those messages in the Quarantine Report? Reason being that
> MailScanner still logs the deleted messages to the mailscanner mysql
> db as far as I know... which is where the quarantine report pulls
> from.
>
> Or would that not happen? Does the sql query in the report know that
> the file was deleted and not to display that message in the report?

No.  Since they're not quarantined, it won't show them.  It will show
them if you go to the reports section and click on message listing.  You
can see the headers & such (the stuff in the database), but the message
itself won't be accessable/recoverable since it was deleted.

S'later...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500