startin, startout, stopms

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu Aug 21 14:03:15 IST 2008

Gary Alexander wrote:
> 2008/8/20 Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>
>
>> I'm getting hammered today and my input queue just keeps growing and growing. I'd like to
>> stop the input queue from receiving more mail but still process what's there using MS. What
>> option do I give my /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner command to accomplish this?
>>

> Again if you are using sendmail you can use the rate limiting
> functions for a pemanent solution. See here for details
> http://www.technoids.org/dossed.html
>

> --
> Fax2mail: 086 607 9109
> Website: http://blahlinux.blogspot.com
>
> Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
> - Mark Twain

Gary,

Thanks very much for the link. I see it starting all over again today,
so it looks as though I will need to use some of the suggestions from
the link.

BTW -

I am using sendmail. The attack is from differing IPs for almost each
message, so blocking the IP in the access file is useless as an
immediate deterent. MS/SA is doing it's job properly and very well at
not letting almost all of this through.

Thanks

Steve