Spam report addressed to multiple people

Andrew MacLachlan andrew at gdcon.net
Thu Aug 21 00:30:04 IST 2008

Glenn Steen wrote:
> There are other effects, mainly with what you *cannot* do in a ruleset
> while employing this setup, but I think those are covered in the
> notes.
>
> Cheers

When a message is addressed to multiple recipients, and some of the
recipient domains are not serviced by the MailScanner system, how can I
ensure that notification is not sent to them?
Does this solution also work for CC and BCC recipients?
I'm assuming that PF only rewrites the envelope when it splits the
messages - not the to/cc/bcc fields that users see???

Is it possible for MS to apply some cunning when it comes to
notifications (i.e. a seperate notification to each user?) I already
have a self-service release url at the bottom of the notification which
relies on the recipient info supplied by MS, which would work well if MS
took notice of CC and BCC lists as well as splitting the lists
(currently MS supplies a comma delimited list of only the recipients in
the to: field).

Sorry to be a pain...
-Andy