Fetchmail and MailScanner

Ismail OZATAY ismail at ismailozatay.net
Wed Aug 20 10:22:07 IST 2008

Hi Edward ,

I always read every incoming mail carefully. Also i know that Fabio Silva 's
problem is still going on because using smtphost setting will never fix that
problem. Fetchmail is routing all emails to smtp so source seems interface's
ip which is set before by smtphost.

Here is my .fetchmailrc file;

set daemon 20
set syslog
set postmaster root
set invisible
poll mail.test.net with proto POP3 and options no dns
         user 'test' with pass "123456"  is 'realuser at internal.net'
         keep
         norewrite
         smtphost 192.168.100.3

Here is my incmoing mail header ;

     by mail.ismail.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 99A49E8288
     for <realuser at internal.net>; Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:55:27 +0300 (EEST)

As you see coming source is 192.168.100.3 so mailscanner thinks that it is
localhost. My question was how can i leave message source untouched ?

Thanks Edward  :)

Regards,

ismail