Kaspersky

Gerard Cleary gcle at smcaus.com.au
Tue Aug 19 23:00:30 IST 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:29:10 Koopmann, Jan-Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > We're currently using version 5.5.10 of the Kaspersky product
> > kav4mailservers, sendmail 8.14.1 and MailScanner 4.65.3.
>
> Why are you using the mailserver version? Any technical reason or due to
> license restrictions of Kaspersky? Does the mailserver version  include a
> command-line only option?

Pathetically simple really. We call the box running Sendmail our "mail
server". I saw the product mailserver and didn't look any further.
There are executables such as "kavscanner" and "keepup2date" which can be run
at the command line. Julian invokes these in his setup for Kaspersky.

HTH.
Gerard.

--

Gerard Cleary