yum upgrade trouble

Stephen Swaney steve at fsl.com
Tue Aug 19 15:07:44 IST 2008

JC Putter wrote:
> Why pay for something that is already "free-beer" and easy to deploy?

The distribution will be based on the rpms in a yum groupinstall package
and only available for Red Hat 5.x and CentOS 5.x. It's relatively easy
to migrate MailScanner from any OS to the MailScannerGold package since
the full install of the operating system and all MailScanner related
applications take about an hour and most of that time is unattended.
After that its just a matter of moving configuration files.

We're trying to price this service so that it's attractive based on the
fact that it's less expensive to subscribe than paying for the time it
would take a system admin to keep the MailScanner system fully up to
date. That way it's your choice on what is the most cost effective way
to keep your  systems up to date. And MailScanner of course, will always
be a free open source application.

We are working to have the announcement of the service with full details
and pricing ready in a week or two.

Best regards,

Steve

Steve Swaney