yum upgrade trouble

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at fsl.com
Mon Aug 18 16:14:22 IST 2008

Oops.

I meant to release this to only Jan-Peter since we haven't set pricing yet,
Jan-Peter is one of our VARs and I was hoping to get some ideas from him on
what the pricing should be. Also Julian will need to bless the pricing since
part of the revenue will go to Julian to help offset his MailScanner
development and maintenance costs.

But since the cat is out of the bag, I can say that this rpm schema was not
a trivial exercise to develop and will cost a bit to maintain and support
correctly. Currently we're thinking of pricing the service by number of
machines on the site and payment schedule. Paying yearly would be less than
paying monthly. Still we're trying to keep the pricing as affordable as
possible and less than it would cost for a local administrator to perform
the same level of maintenance. If you have any thoughts or suggestions on
pricing or the service please email me off list.

We also hope that a simplified, low cost method of installing and
maintaining complete MailScanner systems will entice others to join the
satisfied group of MailScanner users.

You can expect a formal announcement of the pricing and availability for
this service soon.

Best regards,

Steve

Steve Swaney