yum upgrade trouble

Stephen Swaney steve at fsl.com
Mon Aug 18 15:07:33 IST 2008

Jan-peter,

We'll shortly be announcing a version of MailScanner with all related
applications that is completely rpm based using our own yum
repositories. MailScanner, SpamAssassin, Razor ClamAV, DCC and Bayes
(using Postgres) will all be installed on CentOS 5 / RH 5 simply by running:

    yum -y groupinstall MailScannerGold

Best of all of the Perl Packages and all of their dependencies are
separated from the system libraries. This allows MailScanner and the
related applications as well as the system itself to be safely updated
by simply running;

      yum -y update

Now more Perl conflicts since our schema eliminates all of the Perl
related problems.

This will be a subscription based service with IP based secure keys
required to access the repositories. Along with access to the
repositories, subscribers will receive reduced support hourly rates.

It will be available for testing very shortly. What do you think?

Best regards,

Steve