Blacklist and delete?

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Fri Aug 15 18:45:08 IST 2008

Chris Barber wrote:
> I was wondering if this is possible...
>
> I have a few users who get tons of spam every day. MailScanner
> successfully blocks most of these through rules and/or blacklists. The
> problem is when users are viewing their quarantine, there are so many
> messages that it takes a long time to see if anything legitimate is in
> there. On servers running MailWatch with a quarantine report, the
> report has 150+ messages in it, again very time consuming to look
> through.
>
> So is it possible to have a blacklist entry that also deletes the
> message? This way the quarantine and/or the report email will not be
> overloaded?

How have you set your spam action and high scoring spam action.  I
quarantine spam, but vaporize high scoring spam.  If you're quarantining
both, you could probably cut back on the amount quite a bit if you
delete the high scoring stuff.  Assuming you have the luxury of doing
so.

How do the users look at the quarantine?  Are you using MailWatch?  If
so they can sort by spam score and probably ignore the stuff that is
scoring a lot of points...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500