Ruleset questions

Richard Frovarp richard.frovarp at sendit.nodak.edu
Thu Aug 14 14:38:00 IST 2008

Glenn Steen wrote:

>> SPF wouldn't do it. SPF would only check the envelope from. We are concerned
>> about the displayed from. And in particular of only one of our accounts.
>>

> Ah. Well, the same goes for my little thing. I think you'll have to
> look at some SA rule creation, it is the best tool for the job.
> MailScanner rulesets are out of the question too, since they only
> operate on the envelope info too. Same for BLs and such.
> So SA it is.

Thanks for the information. Trying to look at how to reduce the number
of social engineering attacks against our users using our own help desk
email address (not like they aren't successful using any other email
address out there anyway). So the visible From from the headers is what
matters here.

Richard