fraud warnings

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Aug 12 14:26:32 IST 2008

You can add them to /etc/MailScanner/phishing.safe.sites.conf. The daily
update will carefully keep any additions you have made to the file.

You don't need to use a ruleset for this at all.

But I would like to see the exact HTML they are using to see what they
are up to and why the phishing net is being triggered.

Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:
> Use a ruleset to exclude them from phishing checks. And perhaps help
> them fix their html - that would be a nice gesture.
>
> On Aug 12, 2008, at 7:18 AM, Mail Admin wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When I receive a mail message from a client, I get the MailScanner
>> has detected a possible fraud attempt from www.domain.com, claiming
>> to be www.domain.com.
>>
>> The client is a brand distributor and distributes 3 different brands,
>> as well as its own, so in their email their signature as the 3
>> different website addresses but one, is coming through MailScanner as
>> Fraud.
>>
>> How do I deal with this situation in MailScanner : I would like to
>> allow this email domain to use this domain in their email signatures!
>>
>> I hope I am clear..
>> Regards
>>
>> Kevin
>> This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee(s) and is strictly
>> confidential. The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this
>> e-mail, or any information it contains is prohibited. If you have
>> received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately and then
>> permanently delete it. Although we make every effort to keep our
>> systems free from viruses, you should check this e-mail and any
>> attachments to it for viruses as we cannot accept any liability for
>> viruses inadvertently transmitted by use.
>>
>> --

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng