slightly off topic, listserv

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Fri Aug 8 18:11:42 IST 2008

On 8 Aug 2008, at 17:31, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, Steven Andrews wrote:
>
>> Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 11:41:32 -0400
>> From: Steven Andrews <sandrews at andrewscompanies.com>
>> To: MailScanner discussion <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
>> Subject: slightly off topic, listserv
>> I've got a MS box sitting in front of an exchange server; I'm very
>> happy
>> with that scenario.  I've got a client that wants to run a listserv
>> type
>> service there as well.  I've searched for anything that integrates
>> with
>> Exchange and only found one product from GFI that does it, but it's
>> part
>> of a larger antivirus/antispam solution and you can't properly turn
>> off
>> all the other bits.
>>

>> Any thoughts on running a listserv right on the MS box?
>
> Sure, I run MailMan right on my MS box (with sendmail).  No problems.

Make sure you turn water marking on so you don't have to re-scan mail
once it's been exploded by the list server (See Check Watermarks To
Skip Spam Checks in MailScanner.conf). Saves a bucket load of overhead.

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
 content by Technology Tiger's Mail Launder system <www.mail-launder.com>

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ