Postfix Integration - Run another filter first

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Aug 7 22:23:11 IST 2008

on 8-7-2008 1:56 PM Julian Field spake the following:

> Joseph Jamieson wrote:
>> That's a good possibility - I will read more on how messages are
>> inspected and handled by postfix.
>>
>> I could probably have a different process inspect the hold queue,
>> process it first, then drop it into another folder which MailScanner
>> monitors.
> Watch out for file locking! Pulling complete messsages out of the HOLD
> queue is not trivial! You have been warned (it took me a long time to
> finally get it right). And then make sure you use a similar locking
> scheme when you write your processed messages out to the folder that
> MailScanner is going to get them from, or MailScanner will end up
> processing partially-written messages.
>
> The whole locking problem in Postfix is a minefield. It's why the
> Postfix authors hate me so much :-)

I think they hate you because you don't use their sanctioned method of
interacting with postfix through a socket. You managed to do something they
probably had trouble doing, so they sabotage you every chance they get.

Programmer envy!   ;-P

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and