MTA split message

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 20:44:50 IST 2008

2008/8/1 Andrew MacLachlan <andrew at gdcon.net>:
> William A. Knob wrote:
>>
>>         Julian,
>>
>>    I've read the documentation on the wiki. But, that's the only way ?
>> Running 2 instances of MTA ?
>>

>> Regards,
>>

> Not sure about other MTAs but for postfix just run:
>
> postconf -e "default_destination_recipient_limit = 1"
>
> and it's configured...
>
> -Andy

Unless something has changed very recently, that will not do it. The
split will be done too late, after MailScanner, so will be no use for
MailScanner at all. You need the "two instance thing" for it to work
properly... I've not revisited this in a while, but last I looked...
this is the easiest way to do it.
Then again... I would say that, having written the wiki article:-):-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn