Fixing small Mail::ClamAV issue

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at
Wed Apr 30 17:22:18 IST 2008

Hello, all.

Since upgrading clamav to version 0.93 (from source), I'm seeing the following 
when I lint MailScanner:

/usr/local/bin/clamscan: unrecognized option `--max-ratio=500'
ERROR: Unknown option passed.
ERROR: Can't parse the command line

I realize that clamav no longer supports max-ratio.  I also think that the 
above error isn't killer, either (and "think" is the operative word).  But, 
I'd like to be rid of the error.  I did find a post here: that provides a patch to 
the perl Mail::ClamAV module, apparently clearing up the max-ratio issue.  
Has anyone used this patch (and if so [asked sheepishly] would you tell me 
how to apply it?)?  Is there another way to deal with this error?

As always, many thanks.


PS - BTW, I still get this error when linting MailScanner:

Use of uninitialized value in addition (+) 
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/ line 371.
plugin: eval failed: Can't locate object method "log_lookups_timing" via 
package "Mail::SpamAssassin::AsyncLoop" 
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/ line 381.

I asked about it on the SA list, as suggested on the MS list, but never got a 
response.  Oh, well.  But, if I can get max-ratio fixed, I'll be 
batting .500, and I'll take that.

This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

More information about the MailScanner mailing list