Fixing small Mail::ClamAV issue

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Apr 30 17:22:18 IST 2008

Hello, all.

Since upgrading clamav to version 0.93 (from source), I'm seeing the following
when I lint MailScanner:

/usr/local/bin/clamscan: unrecognized option `--max-ratio=500'
ERROR: Unknown option passed.
ERROR: Can't parse the command line

I realize that clamav no longer supports max-ratio.  I also think that the
above error isn't killer, either (and "think" is the operative word).  But,
I'd like to be rid of the error.  I did find a post here:
article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner/63112 that provides a patch to
the perl Mail::ClamAV module, apparently clearing up the max-ratio issue.
Has anyone used this patch (and if so [asked sheepishly] would you tell me
how to apply it?)?  Is there another way to deal with this error?

As always, many thanks.

Dimitri

PS - BTW, I still get this error when linting MailScanner:

Use of uninitialized value in addition (+)
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 371.
plugin: eval failed: Can't locate object method "log_lookups_timing" via
package "Mail::SpamAssassin::AsyncLoop"
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 381.

I asked about it on the SA list, as suggested on the MS list, but never got a
response.  Oh, well.  But, if I can get max-ratio fixed, I'll be
batting .500, and I'll take that.

believed to be clean.