MailScanner -debug --lint... solved

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Wed Apr 30 12:09:08 IST 2008

> What permissions and ownership did it have before? (when it was broken)

1700... I guess it was a mistake done when installing something else. I
really have to investigate with the guy that did the installation, surely
nothing related to MailScanner nor legitimate..

but I still see a mistake.

Before correcting /tmp permissions I got the mistake also in /tmp (and
another mistake on operation not allowed on symbols if I started from
/etc/MailScanner.)

Now I still have mistakes if I start from /root (I didn't realize that when
I wrote the 1st mail):

setup
=====

fw-omma:/etc/MailScanner# ll -d /root /tmp
drwx------ 8 root root 4096 2008-04-30 10:16 /root
drwxrwxrwt 5 root root 4096 2008-04-30 10:53 /tmp

from /root
==========

fw-omma:~# MailScanner --lint --debug
Trying to setlogsock(unix)
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.66.5) is correct.

Your envelope_sender_header in spam.assassin.prefs.conf is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
SpamAssassin temp dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
Cannot create temporary Work Dir /15915. Are the permissions and ownership of  correct? at /usr/share/MailScanner//MailScanner/WorkArea.pm line 152

from /tmp
=========

fw-omma:~# cd /tmp
fw-omma:/tmp# MailScanner --lint --debug
Trying to setlogsock(unix)
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.66.5) is correct.

Your envelope_sender_header in spam.assassin.prefs.conf is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
SpamAssassin temp dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamav"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamav
Virus Scanner test reports:
ClamAV said "eicar.com contains Eicar-Test-Signature"

If any of your virus scanners (clamav)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.
commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at /etc/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm line 100, <CLIENT> line 1.
Commmit ineffective while AutoCommit is on at /etc/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm line 100, <CLIENT> line 1.

(on my side I still have to investigate the last 2 lines... but I guess is
just a waring, is it? last line has 3 m... typo?)

sandro
*:-)