Ubuntu - sendmail problem

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Tue Apr 29 15:41:11 IST 2008

Thanks Julian I will do that,

The only problem I am having now is un-installing mailscanner
(4.58.9-2ubuntu1)

I want to un-install it, but when I try I get this error:

:~$ sudo apt-get remove mailscanner
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libdigest-sha1-perl libfilesys-df-perl libnet-ip-perl libio-zlib-perl libconvert-tnef-perl libio-stringy-perl
  libnet-dns-perl unzip libmime-tools-perl libarchive-zip-perl libdbd-sqlite3-perl libmime-perl libversion-perl
  libfile-temp-perl libnet-cidr-perl libsys-syslog-perl liberror-perl libsocket6-perl libnetaddr-ip-perl libmail-spf-perl
  libconvert-binhex-perl libsys-hostname-long-perl libdigest-hmac-perl libarchive-tar-perl spamassassin
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  mailscanner
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 4227kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
(Reading database ... 27646 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing mailscanner ...
invoke-rc.d: initscript mailscanner, action "stop" failed.
dpkg: error processing mailscanner (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
invoke-rc.d: initscript mailscanner, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 mailscanner

I found that this is a bug, but I don't know how to solve it.

Anybody?

Thanks!
Rick