Ubuntu - sendmail problem

Edward Dekkers edward at tdcs.com.au
Tue Apr 29 00:34:06 IST 2008

> sm-msp-queue[18676]: m3SF8nol017674: to=info at gmnet.net, ctladdr=rbragg
> (1000/1000), delay=00:51:12, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=300058,
> relay=[] [], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection
> refused by []

Ignore my ignorance - I don't use sendmail either, but isn't this a sendmail
error telling you remote access is not allowed?

Don't you need to comment out the:

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=, Name=MTA')

In sendmail.mc?

Again - this is something stuck in my mind from about 10 years ago - I
haven't used sendmail since then, so ignore this quietly if I'm talking out
of my butt please.

believed to be clean.