MCP and FreeBSD

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Apr 28 23:24:04 IST 2008

on 4-28-2008 11:00 AM Renee Gehlbach spake the following:
> Hello,
>
> I had emailed earlier about MCP problems.  I have finally found the
> issue:  SpamAssassin expected to find a .pre file in
> /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/mcp and there was not one.  Thus SpamAssassin
> was bombing after reading in the files with the MCP rules but before
> actually running the MCP checks.  I copied v320.pre into this directory,
> and MCP was happy again.
>
> So now I have two questions:
> 1) is MCP supposed to be looking for this file here?
> 2) if so, will future versions of the FreeBSD port be putting this file
> here?  if not, will future versions of the port look for this file in
> the correct place?
>
> Simply put, do I need to maintain this file myself whenever I update, or
> will the port be handling this correctly in the future?
>
> Thanks,
> Renee

The port maintainer could add this, but MCP has been falling out of favor
since Julian added the extra "SpamAssassin Rule Actions" settings.
This has been added to the wiki for future reference.
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_spam:spamassassin:mcp

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and