[OT] Andrew Chester is out of the office.

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Apr 28 11:05:50 IST 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 02:23:41 -0700 (PDT)
Dan Hollis <spamtrap71892316634 at anime.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, Ronny T. Lampert wrote:
> >> The oof deserves a forced unsubscription from the list, but the
> >> unenforceable legalese raises that to a permanent ban level imo.
> >> Allowing such nondisclosure statements on the list is too legally
> >> risky and should be totally blocked.
> > Not all of us have a choice; the are mailservers out the
> > automatically appending such nonsense; there are bosses out there
> > REQUIRING you to have that nonsense.
> > What should the poor guy do?
>
> he should not be using a company account for the maillist. if your
> company is so paranoid about such things then they should not be
> using their accounts for public mailing lists. simple as that.
>
> most other lists ban such nonsense.

I had not thought of that myself. I wonder is his employer knows about
his extra curricular activities.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this
transmission, please delete it immediately.

Obviously, I am the idiot who sent it to you by mistake. Furthermore,
there is no way I can force you to delete it. Worse, by the time you
have reached this disclaimer you have all ready read the document.
Telling you to forget it would seem absurd. In any event, I have no
legal right to force you to take any action upon this email anyway.

This entire disclaimer is just a waste of everyone's time and
bandwidth. Therefore, let us just forget the whole thing and enjoy a
cold beer instead.