****SPAM**** Re: ****SPAM**** Re: releasing mail from quarantine doesn't work with postfix ?

Marco Rebsamen mrebsamen at unimatrix0.ch
Sun Apr 27 23:25:50 IST 2008

Am Sonntag, 27. April 2008 21:59:09 schrieb Glenn Steen:
> 2008/4/26 Marco Rebsamen <mrebsamen at unimatrix0.ch>:
> > Am Freitag, 25. April 2008 21:59:45 schrieb Mikael Syska:
> >  > Hi
> >  >
> >  > On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Marco Rebsamen
> >  > <mrebsamen at unimatrix0.ch>
> >
> >  wrote:
> >  > > Hi,
> >  > >
> >  > >  I got some troubles on releasing mails from the quarantine.
> >  > >  I got a postfix Server on a SuSE 10.3 and followed the instructions
> >  > > at
> >  > >
> >  > >
> >  > > http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration
> >  > >:mta: postfix:how_to:release_quarantined_mail&s=quarantine
> >  > >
> >  > >  But it simply doesn't work... the message stays in the directory. I
> >  > > where in the IRC channel because of this, but nobody could help
> >  > > me...
> >  >
> >  > I've been on the channel the last 12 hours ... havent seen anything
> >  > like that on the channel ...
> >
> >  Well I havn't said that I was there within the last 12 hours...
> >
> >  > The above description aint much of a help ... since there are many
> >  > ways on that site to release a mail ...
> >
> >  I got these 2 settings in my MailScanner config...
> >
> >  Quarantine Whole Message = yes
> >  Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = yes
> >
> >  and I followed the instructions of "Releasing mail from the quarantine -
> > queue files". And I got no subdirectories in /var/spool/postfix/incoming.
> >
> >  I hope this helps.....
>
> A bit:-).
> Postfix is very particular about the ownership and mode... The file in
> the incoming directory (that you copy there) should be owned by your
> postfix user/group (usually "postfix":-) and be mode -rwx------ (chmod
> 0700 ...), so start by making sure of that.
> Also ... you might have something informative in the logs perhaps?
> Look in all logs, if you do logfile splitting (info, warning and error
> ...).
>
> Cheers
> --
> -- Glenn
> email: glenn < dot > steen < at > gmail < dot > com
> work: glenn < dot > steen < at > ap1 < dot > se

Ok, I checked these permissions... they where right...
It looks like the problem is the file name of the queue file. They look like
that:

12FC0236A4.1B60B

then i get this message in the logile:

Apr 27 23:56:48 race-winner postfix/postsuper[25736]: warning: bogus file
name: incoming/12FC0236A4.1B60B

and When i rename the file and remove the ".06E41" stuff the message gets
delivered....

Why do i have such crappy names ??