MailScanner stuck in Infinite loop (again)

Douglas R Taber drtaber at northcarolina.edu
Wed Apr 23 00:57:29 IST 2008

On 4/22/08 7:03 PM, "Scott Silva" <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:

on 4-22-2008 1:03 PM Douglas R Taber spake the following:
> For some reason my mailscanner has recently started going in to an
> infinite loop. It'll go fine for a few minutes, and then you'll just see
> the same messages get scanned over and over and over. If I run
> MailScanner -debug it spits back:
>
> Negative length at /usr/lib/MailScanner/Message.pm line 3168.
>

> Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on this?

The standard questions will be asked;

Mailscanner version
OS
MTA

Have you done any updates to anything at the time this started happening?

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

Mailscanner is current stable build.
   OS is RHEL4
    MTA is sendmail 8.x.x

It started happening yesterday, but no updates in at least a week, if not more.