watermarking rules...

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Apr 21 19:09:17 IST 2008

Leland J. Steinke wrote:
>> You can set the "Treat Invalid Watermarks With No Sender as Spam = 5"
>> which is added to the spam score of the message. Is this good enough
>> for you, as this will change the number of spam stars?
>
> That will be perfect.  It looks like our latest MailScanner upgrade
> round lost that option in the shuffle.
Always use "upgrade_MailScanner_conf" to update your MailScanner.conf
file, and you will be guaranteed not to "lose" options when upgrading.
Just run it, and it will tell you how to use it.

You can use a similar script for the "languages.conf" file in the
reports directory. I don't change that file very often, but if you never
check it you will be missing some new text substitutions, so your users
will get very strange-looking reports thrown at them!
Just run "upgrade_languages_conf" and it will tell you how to use it,
just like the upgrade_MailScanner_conf command.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM