watermarking rules...

Leland J. Steinke steinkel at pa.net
Mon Apr 21 14:58:53 IST 2008

Julian Field wrote:

> Leland J. Steinke wrote:
>> Julian Field wrote:
>>> But Joe-Job bounces should have no sender, shouldn't they? In which
>>> case the setting "Treat Invalid Watermarks With No Sender as Spam" is
>>> the one you want to set.
>>
>> Is there an option to set the X-blah-SpamScore: header to a specific
>> number of "Spam Score Characters"?  I looked at our 4.66.5 install and
>> recent change logs, but saw nothing.
> But the whole point is that header gives you the spam score in a form
> you can easily manage with mail filters such as sieve and whatever
> client you use.

Yes.  I just realized that my original question was not as complete as I
thought.

If the "Treat Invalid Watermarks With No Sender as Spam" and "Check
Watermarks To Skip Spam Checks" settings are yes, is there an option to
set the X-SpamScore to a specific minimum value, similar to the function
of the "Minimum Stars If On Spam List"?  As of now, the only header that
is added is "X-blah-SpamCheck: spam(no watermark or sender address)",
which is not as easily parsable by procmail, maildrop, or sieve as a
string of "s" characters.

We are running version 4.66.5.

Leland